The Australian Journal of Islamic Studies is an open access, double-blind peer-reviewed journal dedicated to the scholarly study of Islam. The journal publishes original research articles, essays and book reviews related to Islamic sciences to promote the flow of ideas, exchange and discussion of research findings. To find out more, please see the About the Journal page in our navigation menu.
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- You have thoroughly read and understood the Author Guidelines as well as the Terms and Conditions in the tab listed on the journal homepage.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial No Derivatives 4.0 Australia that allows others to share the work with acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Personal information given to the AJIS for the purpose of manuscript submission will be used exclusively for the stated purpose of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to third parties.
For inquiries about the submission process or subject matter inquiries, please contact the Managing Editor.